Template for pages of crystal growing compounds.
Simply add text below to a page you want:
- most of
- compound ids
- from chem databases
- such as
- InChl key
smiles: 'structural formula in SMILES format'
- list of hydrates
- formed by compound
- while growing
- from water solution
- except of "anhydrous"
a: 1.23 #length
b: 4.56 #width
c: 7.89 #height
alpha: 90 #angle between b and c
beta: 60 #angle between a and c
gamma: 90 #angle between a and b
#or crystal cell modificates, formed at different temperatures (at atmospheric pressure)
#use same hydrates name rules in properties below
anhydrous: 1 #g/cm³
anhydrous: 0 #°C
anhydrous: 100 #°C
anhydrous: 10000 #°C
magnetic: 0.00999 #susceptibility in cm³/mol or text characteristic as "diamagnetic" or "paramagnetic"
color: 0xffffff #hex-value
noautorotate: 1 #some models should use "0" value because of browser CPU usage with enabled rotating
scale: 100 #%
- list of
hardness: breaking strength characteristics as "very fragile" or value at Moh's scale
toxicity: toxical characteristics as text or LD50
#where you should use only hydrates or chiral isomer, no cell modification due to their same solubility
#temperature in °C: solubility in g/100g of solvent
0: 1.0 #exact value
10: ≈10.0 #value carried out with own measures or very reliable data, but not mentioned in references
20: ~100.0 #less exact or calculated value
30: 80.1% #if value is known only in percents of solution mass. You also can use prefixes mentioned above
info: Inorganic compound, salt of anyvalent [[unusual metal]] and inorganic [[unusual acid]].
id: 585 #compound id from Mindat site
site: mindat #or "gemdat", or "webmineral" sites are allowed too
breed: another id #if Mindat - you can ommit "site" parameter
gem: yet another id
#please do not set as chemical store because it is silly
- fertilizers store: as "fertilizer" #and no brackets allowed
- pharmacy: as "drug"
- grocery store
- title: Reaction between [[one precursor]] and [[another precursor]] at some conditions
subtitle: you can print some text before reaction, optional
- 2H2 + O2 = 2H2O
concentration: 21 #usually for acids. array of concentrations is allowed too
#or you can set the most of used hydrates list for certain compound
# - monohydrate
# - tetrahydrate
#or you can set that you should use more mass than molar ratio of reaction
note: you can also print notes after reaction
- template name from Synthesis category:
... #you can specify a lot of synthesis metnods, sort them by simplicity and component availability
temperature: Using the hot solution leads to ...
impurity: Addition of [[compound]] leads to unusual effect...
pH: Addition of [[another compound]] leads to crystal shape change...
storage: stable compounds #or "unstable compounds", depends on air eroding stability
notes: Some notes which could not be mentioned in any section above
- id of Youtube video
- another id
- VK video id (as num_num format)
- template from Sources category:
- first parameter
- second parameter
- that are specified in certain template
- another template: single parameter
- http://list/to/page: site name
- templates from
- Navigation templates category
- Category from list in left side of site: sortable page name
- Another category #omit sort name with compound name
ru: Russian page name
All acceptable variants of hydrates are mentioned in Template:Hydrates.
All acceptable variants of solvents are mentioned in Template:Solvents.
All acceptable variants of toxicity are mentioned in Property:Compound/Toxicity.
Mandatory part of the page are name, formula, color and info sections. Other parameters can be omitted if their value is not known or looks doubtfully.
You can use allotropes (black, red, graphite, etc) or crystal lattice (α-tetrahydrate, etc) variants names and other notes instead of hydrates while setting parameters mentioned at infobox. They will show in brackets.
If compound has no hydrates or other crystal lattices, you should use anhydrous hydrate name in system and solubility sections. However, for melt, boil, decompose, refraction and stability sections you can omit hydrate name. For example, these values are correct ones:
In the shape section you should use templates from Category:Shapes. Information of how to interact with form can be found on any shapes`s page.
You should use Category:Methods of synthesis templates for Synthesis section, with setting parameters values as they specified at templates pages.
Similarly, for the Sources section you should use templates from Category:Sources.
You can set solubility approximately by words or exactly as numbers.
Solubility characteristics as word description says that solubility belongs to one of range specified in Property:Solubility/Soluble. It is the least precise data.
If solubility was set as a number:
- It should have no prefix if it is reference data or it was get by multiple measurements
- It should have prefix ≈ if data is once measured value or reasonably accurate approximation
- It should have prefix ~ if data was calculated or is inaccurate
- The basic solubility unit is grams of compound per 100 grams of solvent (at constant temperature in degrees Celsius and atmospheric pressure)
- Also you can set solubility as a mass of compound per mass of solution, in %
- Any value will show in the table in grams, but when you hover the cell with mouse it will show the percentage value
- Also when you hover the temperature cell it will show temperature at other scales (Kelvin, Fahrenheit, etc.)
- If more than 3 points was set - data will automatically interpolated between these points (with ~ prefix)
- Chart which will duplicate the information from the table will add automatically. Information of how to interact with the chart can be found on Template: Graph-use